Diamond Eight is open at 5pm Monday through Thursday! See you soon!
As of June 22, 2014 we will be closed on Sunday’s until 5pm for the Summer! Otherwise regularly scheduled hours will be the same for the rest of the week. If you have any questions please feel free to call us at 518-786-8048
Tom Acciavatti bounced back from a long winter and a leg injury to claim the top spot in Diamond Eight’s Spring 2014 Straight Pool flight. The 15-week session saw seven players compete for prizes for the top three places and a wild card. It was a closer race than the scores seem to indicate with just a few matches making a big difference, especially in the last two weeks of the flight.
John Cromie and Mike Fitch’s battle for second came down to the last week. After a strong start, John seemed to lose his footing while Mike played confidently throughout to finish in second place behind Tom. John Cromie finished third. Longtime league member Frank Bogardus placed fourth after a strong session. Jim Graziane won the Wild Card drawing. Special thanks to all the guys for playing and being great sports throughout the flight, and for the past six years.
- Tom Acciavatti (70)
- Mike Fitch (62)
- John Cromie (53)
- Frank Bogardus (38)
- Steve Hathaway (36) (tie)
- Jim Graziane (36) (tie)
- Doug Shaffer (35)
Thanks again for a fun flight!
New Straight Pool league flight starts Thursday, May 1! Practice starts at 6pm!
- Practice at 6pm; play at 7pm.
- Handicapped Straight Pool!
- 7 to 12 players per division.
- Round robin format runs from 12 to 16 weeks, depending on # of players
- $15. registration fee
- $15. weekly dues ($5. table time, $8. prize fund, $2. league fee)
- Straight Pool is a great game and is making a comeback!
- No teams to worry about. More flexibility.
- Score sheets are simple!
- Thursday nights at 7pm.
- First night players’ meeting will be held at 6:45pm, with play immediately following. Free practice at 6pm, business permitting. League matches average ~2.5 hours. Matches can be rescheduled by individuals.
Skill levels & Points
- Skill levels for each player will be assigned by the league operator. Players with established handicaps in other leagues can expect to be ranked accordingly.
- Players can receive points for a win or loss and handicaps will be adjusted after each match.
How do you play?
- Straight Pool (or 14.1 Continuous) is a game of calling each ball
- in a pocket with no regard to solids/stripes or numerical order.
- Every object ball that is legally pocketed is worth 1 point. The shooter’s inning continues until the player misses or commits a foul. 1 point is subtracted for each foul committed.
- Once 14 object balls are pocketed, those 14 balls are re-racked (head ball will be missing). The shooter then aims to pocket the 15th ball and break the rack to continue pocketing balls.
- Each rack is worth 14 points. The first player to reach the designated point goal for the game wins the game.
On March 29th, Ali and Jackie will be celebrating their first full year in business as the owners of Diamond Eight Billiards. In order to show their customer appreciation they will be having a party and pool tournament!
9-ball Tournament will start at 1pm, practice starts at Noon. It will be a $10 buy in to enter and the prize fund will be matched up to 32 players.
If there is enough interest a Dart Tournament will also be available beginning at 3pm.
Free Buffet and Drink Specials from 3 to 5pm!
Thank you all for a great year!!